NEW USAC SOUTHWEST & USAC/CRA SPRINT CAR RULES FOR 2020southwest
- Lapped cars will be sent to the tail of the field for all restarts during the feature event.
- All radius rods must be one piece on cars, no spring rods or shock dampers will be allowed.
- Split qualifying will be retained for 2020. In the event of more than 36 cars in attendance, qualifying will be split into two flights. Cars will only qualify against other cars in their flight and fill heats 1-2 or heats 3-4. For lineup purposes, the fastest qualifier in the slower flight will be considered the #2 seed. That will continue through the field and be used to grid feature lineups. Qualifying points will be awarded to the overall fastest six.
- For the feature lineup, positions 7-10 will be filled by the heat race winners in order of heat races. If a car in the top-6 feature invert wins a heat race, the available spots 7-10 are filled by qualification order of cars qualified for the feature event.
- If there are 30 cars or less, three heat race events will be conducted. If there are 31 or more cars in attendance, four heat races will be conducted.
- The weight rule for Sprints has been increased to 1,375 pound minimum, with driver.
- The Rule Book can be found online at usacracing.com.